Monday, April 19, 2010

Getting Started!!! Welcome!

Welcome to Abortblog! Here we discuss the uncomfortable subject of abortion. What could be more fun you ask? Use your imagination.

Let me first thank you for stopping by and for your contribution.

This blog is dedicated to talking about one thing, abortion. I will post information that comes from "pro-life" and "pro-choice" sources alike.

I welcome any point of view and any discussion relating to the topic of abortion. Respectful language and posting is a must! I would like to hear all points of view on any subject.

I am a pro-life male in my thirties but please do not let that influence your posting as I would like a place to connect and converse on an issue that in my opinion has been swept under the public rug. I believe that we lack the courage and opportunity to talk about these kinds of issues in our society and would like to provide a place to do just this. To further conversation sometimes I will contribute new information or comment myself on a thread.

Again thank you, please be respectful and if you are stating things as fact please include a short reference to accompany your response.


~Pro-life Punk


P.S. The Abortblog logo is a tattoo I have that represents my belief that Christ is my gas mask to the world we live in in case you were wondering.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to great discussions, debates, and eye-opening realizations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your endeavor. Generally efforts at respectful dialog don't go far due to difficulty in finding common ground between the two camps.

    You may want to start by sharing your views:
    - Do you believe that abortion should be proscribed using force of law?
    If so,
    - What should be the penalty for doctors who violate the law?
    - What should be the penalty for pregnant women who violate the law?
    - Would you make exceptions for cases of fetal death?
    - Would you make exceptions for cases of fetal deformity?
    - Would you make exceptions for cases in which the woman's life is at risk?
    - Would you make exceptions for cases in which the woman's health is at risk?
    - Would you make exceptions for cases of rape or incest?

    What are your views on related subjects, such as access to contraception? Comprehensive sex education in public schools? (I am aware of no major "pro-life" organizations that support use of contraception to reduce unintended pregnancy.)

    In my view, Canada's system has it just about right. Canada has no laws restricting abortion. (This does not mean a woman 8 months pregnant will be able to find a doctor willing to abort her fetus electively.) Canada's health care system pays for abortion with no out-of-pocket costs, just like with any other medical procedure.

    ReplyDelete